The Canon 135mm f/2 L USM Prime Lens is the fastest 135mm telephoto lens in its class. Ideal for indoor sports and portraits with background blur. Two UD-glass elements correct secondary spectrum for outstanding sharpness and color. Compatible with Extender EF 1.4x II and 2x II.
Many argue that this is one of Canon’s best lenses, price not withstanding. It is very sharp and fast. Resulting images are high quality with a high contrast that is very desirable. Typical build quality that photographers have come to expect in the “L” series lenses. Add the USM speedy focus system, and you have a lens that is hard to beat.
What is the Canon EF 135mm f/2 L good for?
It is a great portrait lens (see the Canon Portrait Lens lineup) because of the sharp focus and beautiful bokeh, but it can also be used for some sports when a quick focus and fast shutter speed are essential.
It can be used on ALL Canon mounts, including APS-C, APS-H, and full-frame models.
It rates a 10 in almost everyone’s book, and it is priced right at about $1000.
The Techy Stuff:
- EF mount; telephoto lens
- Ultra-low Dispersion glass with Fluorite elements; inner focusing ring
- 135mm focal length f/2 maximum aperture Ring USM motor
- Comes with Leather bag & lens hood
- Lens Type: Telephoto lens
- Mounting Type: Canon EF
- Minimum focal length: 135 millimeters
- Maximum focal length: 135 millimeters
- Minimum Focal Range: 35.4 inches
- Maximum Aperture Range: F/2.0
- Camera Magnify Power: 0.19
- Lens System Special Functions: Tele
- Focus Type: auto-focus, manual-focus
- Real Angle Of View: 18
- Weight: 26.5 Ounces
- Item Display Diameter: 3.3 inches
- Length: 4 inches
The Canon 135mm f/2 L USM Prime Lens is certainly a lens you want to consider for your photography needs and desires.